
![]() |
General view of the old village, before the beginning of the demolition (september 1972). |
|
February 9, 1974. General view of the old village (from the same place than above), after the beginning of the demolition. |
![]() |
![]() |
The entrance of the village from Bauduen, before the beginning of the demolition (July 1973). |
|
February 9, 1974. The entrance of the village from Bauduen (from the same place than above), after the beginning of the demolition. |
![]() |
![]() |
The road down to the Verdon river, 1954. |
|
September 1973 : the same road. The whole valley will be destroyed shortly. |
![]() |
![]() The church (January 1973). |
![]() The church (January 3, 1974). |
|
January 2, 1974. The main square, the "Café Central" (pulled down), the Post Office. Since a few days, graffiti appeared on the walls of the village. In block letters, "EDF = VOLEURS PILLARDS" ("EDF = thieves, looters").
(EDF : Electricité de France,
french administration in charge of building the dam) Below, the same place seven months before. |
![]() |


![]() |
March 1st, 1974,
the last inhabitants
are evicted without clash
by the forces of Gendarmerie. They are Mr Richard and Mr Signoret,
which house already bathes in the water of the lake. Here, Mr Signoret's home. |
|
How to know the picture above is EXACTLY THE SAME PLACE than this paradise in the shadow during "the good old times"? |
![]() |
